NEW *electronic* VEDIC JOURNAL

WITZEL at HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU WITZEL at HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Apr 19 02:58:45 UTC 1995

Friends and Colleagues,

This is to inform you of the new ELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF VEDIC STUDIES, as
had earlier been announced locally. We have tested the various technical
procedures during the past few weeks, and today we have added a home page
on WWW. The announcement, taken from WWW, follows below.

Subscription is free and open to all. However, articles, news etc.
submitted to the journal are subject to review before publication.

                     Electronic Journal of Vedic Studies

Editor-in-Chief: Michael Witzel
Managing Editor: Enrica Garzilli
Editorial Board: <exact composition to follow>

email: ejvs-list at husc.harvard.edu

                      Vaidikanusandhanavaidyutapattrika
                      ---------------------------------

This journal is open to all bona fide scholars in Vedic Studies. It is
monitored for style and content by the Editor-in-Chief.
Our aim is to disseminate our work quickly.
There is copyright but with automatic permission to publish anywhere else
later on when the author wishes to do so.
We include articles, abstracts, reviews, and news (such as on conferences,
meetings, PhD projects of our students, etc.)
We may consider a column of answers to comments on articles published in
the journal, with final comment by the author (like the format used in
Current Anthropology).

The address is:
EJVS-list at husc.harvard.edu

To subscribe, send a message to:
LISTPROC at HUSC.harvard.edu
With this content :
subscribe ejvs-list your-name
e.g.: subscribe ejvs-list Joseph Green

You will then receive a brief greeting and some more information.

The home page on WWW is found at:

http://131.175.62.190/~ejvslist

So far it includes the home page description of the journal, a news page and
links (underlined) for direct subscription.

More details and news on the first issue to be announced soon.

                SVAAGATAM, sukhinas te panthaasas santu!

Michael Witzel,
Wales Professor of Sanskrit &
Chair, Committee on South Asian Studies,
Harvard University
53 Church Street, Cambridge MA 02138m USA
phone 617 - 495 3295, 496 8570, fax 496 8571,
email: witzel at husc3.harvard.edu