Special Font Offer

Sid Harth BAKULA at delphi.com
Wed Apr 12 23:49:26 UTC 1995

On 12-APR-1995 15:56:12.0 indology said to BAKULA
   > I DO NOT KNOW *ANYTHING* AT ALL ABOUT THESE FONTS ETC., BUT I
   >RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE AND PASS IT ALONG, AS IT MAY BE OF
   >INTEREST.
   >* >From: Arthur Carp <carpa at ios.com>
   > >
   > >The following is a special font offer from ScanRom Publications for
   >your >consideration.
   > >
   > >COMPUTING TOOLS FOR SOUTH ASIAN LANGUAGES
   > >
   > >LANGUAGE SCRIPT FONTS

   Stuff deleted...

   > >The BHARAT LIPI SmartType Fonts may be obtained from ScanRom
   >Publications, >P.O. BOX 72, Cedarhurst, N.Y. 11516, Phone
   >(516)295-2237, Fax (516)295-2240, >or toll free in the U.S. only -
   >1-800-269-2237 or via COMPUSERVE 73760,1005 or >America On-Line:
   >FEJB at AOL.COM >
   > >

   > >The price of the 1,516 type fonts on CD with full written
   >instructions is only >$125 plus $5 for shipping and handling. Until
   >May 1, 1995 the price will be >$100 plus $5 for shipping and handling.
   >Visa and Mastercard are accepted.$ >
   > Jonathan Silk
   > SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU

     I thought it was too good to be true. Therefore, I called. Mr I. Green
talked to me and was very frank about this offer. He has no problem in
returning your money if you were not happy with his fonts.

I am sending my check. At this stage I am not recommending that anybody
follow my example. If the members of this group trust me and allow me to
report the veracity of this offer and the quality of the product at my cost,
I would be willing to report the outcome in a week. Why am I wasting
my $100.00 on an offer that sounds so phony? Well, no pain no gain.
I like to live dangerously. A sucker is born every minute.

Sid Harth