Sanskrit

thrapp at helios.nosc.mil thrapp at helios.nosc.mil
Thu Sep 29 00:09:19 UTC 1994

I am a new member of the list and would like to ask some
questions regarding the list.

Is this list an appropriate place to ask Sanskrit grammar questions?
If not, or maybe even if so, are there any members especially in the
US that would be interested in answering some grammar questions
off-line?

I would be interested in what professionals regard as the highest
quality font package for Sanskrit.  I have tried some publicly available
ones such as a Macintosh bitmap font, Itrans, and the Velthuis TeX
font.  Of these the Velthuis font was the best but lacked characters
for Vedic and Upanisad Sanskrit.  It seems that a commercial font
would probably be the most appropriate.  I would greatly appreciate
your suggestions.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Gary R. Thrapp
thrapp at nosc.mil