two questions

madhav.deshpande at um.cc.umich.edu madhav.deshpande at um.cc.umich.edu
Fri Sep 23 14:00:42 UTC 1994

     I have two entirely unrelated questions for anyone who might care to reply.
     The first question is about K. Kunjunni Raja in Madras.  I have sent him
two letters and a reminder and yet there is no response.  Does anyone know
his present whereabouts?
	    The second question is about teaching an intensive Sanskrit course during the summer of 1995 at Ann Arbor.  The University of Michigan has given us a
go-ahead to teach such a course on a trial basis.  It would be 2 to 3 hours
per day, five days a week, for ten weeks.  I will be teaching this course
during the coming summer of 1995.  I would like to get some feeling especially from my US colleagues, as to how many students can one expect to  register
for such a summer intensive course?  Do you have any students whom you might
want to send to Michigan for the summer, and then to continue later at
your institution.  The department of Asian Languages and Cultures would like
to get some estimate of what to expect.  Please respond ASAP.  I need to
write a memo to the Dean's office about such an estimate very soon.
     The proposed summer intensive course will start from the very beginning
and will basically cover all the grammar of the classical language.
     Thanks for your assistance.
                        Madhav Deshpande