Thirumandiram History

ai927 at freenet.carleton.ca ai927 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Sep 22 17:53:40 UTC 1994

here is a recent history of Thirumoolar's Thirumandiram.
Information partly from the foreword to the 1993 edition and
partly from David Creighton, who did the layout for the 1993
edition.

1979:     Madras, ITES.  Projected 10 volumes, Tamil and
          English.  Only one volume was printed before the
          effort foundered.  This must be the single volume
          that the LoC has.

1991:     Madras (Mylapore, Madras 600 004), Sri Ramakrishna
          Math.  Complete in one volume, Tamil and English.

1993:     Montreal, Babaji's Kriya Yoga and Publications,
          165 de la Gauchetiere ouest, Montreal, PQ,
          Canada, tel. (514) 284-3551.  English only,
          three volumes, with new introduction, index,
          glossary, and illus.

All three use the English translation of Dr B. Natarajan, but I
am told that it has been revised somewhat from edition to edition.
I have only seen the 1993 edition so I can't say how much
difference there is.

*Both* the 1991 and 1993 editions are available from Babaji's
in Montreal, address above.

Thanks to Allen Thrasher for finding the English of the
Danielou book.

   .... noel evans, ai927 at freenet.carleton.ca