Qualifications for entering into a debate

Dileep Karanth dileep at math.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 20 20:47:57 UTC 1994

Dear Mr Deshpande,

I do not need to read a few thousand pages to be sure that a mail which
says that somebody believes that "anything goes" without actually giving
us his argument is not acceptable.

I am glad you at least took the trouble to read my posting, if only to
criticise it on some trivial grounds. I will let you get back to reading
the few thousand pages which (and not an open mind) are the
qualifications recognised by the Dominik-fan club.

You have not yet grasped the point that I am only criticising the
attitude of using authority to settle disputes. Or perhaps you have, but
you use the same strategies yourself (and so have been initiated into the
inner circle of indologists)

Again, the fact that you have no arguments to defend your supercilious
behaviour is clearly brought out by the fact Jiten Sharma's polite and
sincere questions (which ignore your impolite behaviour) are as yet not
answered.

Maybe I should not even expect sane arguments in a discussion group where
a person who criticises a purely private discussion in public is called a
gentleman.

"Ushtranam hi vivasheshu mantran gayanti gardabhah,
Parasparam Prashansanti aho roopamaho dhvanih"

Please go back to scratching each others backs, ushtras and gardabhas.

Dileep