PC Windows Devanagari?

J. Daniel White FRS00JDW at unccvm.uncc.edu
Fri Sep 16 19:56:32 UTC 1994

Though this subject has been broached not infrequently here, I raise the
question again:  Has anyone discovered a Windows Devanagari program for
Sanskrit that is completely "ASCII friendly"? I have used Madhav Deshpande's
Chiwriter program for over a year now and have found it very helpful.  What I
am now looking for is an excellent Devanagari and Roman program for use with
Windows so I can more easily move from the Sanskrit text into Xywrite or Note
Bene which are ASCII friendly.  Also, has anyone in cyberspace developed a PC
program for Windows which facilitates comparisons of variant readings of
Sanskrit texts once they have been entered into the computer?  You may reply
directly to me at the above e-mail address or through indology at liverpool.
Thanks!