Hobogirin 7 now published!

弥永信美 GGA03414 at niftyserve.or.jp
Tue Sep 13 18:47:00 UTC 1994

Dear Colleagues,

(Apologies for any cross-posting)

   I am very glad to announce you the publication of a new volume of
_Hobogirin_, "dictionary of Sino-Japanese Buddhist terms in French".
The new volume, 7th, has been published in Paris a month ago (August
12, 1994), but I received it just today (Sept. 12, 94).

   Here is the Table of Contents of the volume :

Daijoo, Mahaayaana.    by Hubert DURT         p. 767
Daijuku, Vicarious suffering.  H. DURT        p. 803
Daikai, Ocean                  H. DURT        p. 817
Daikichijoo daimyoo
       Mahaa'srii mahaalak.smii
       (esoteric form of 'Srii Lak.smii)
                       by Robert DUQUENNE     p. 835
Daikokuten, Mahaakaala  by Nobumi IYANAGA     p. 839
Daimoku, Title of the Lotus Sutra
                       by Gero JENNER         p. 921
Daimyoo-byakushin (bosatsu)
        Mahaavidyaa Gaurii   R. DUQUENNE      p. 925
Dairaku, Mahaasukhaa   by Ian ASTLEY          p. 931
       (This article is in English)
Dairiki daigo myoohi
        Mahaabala-mahaarak.sa-vidyaraj~nii
                             R. DUQUENNE      p. 947
Dairiki kongoo, Mahaabala-vajra
                             R. DUQUENNE      p. 955
Dairin, Mahaacakra           R. DUQUENNE      p. 963
Daiseishi (bosatsu)
         Mahaasthaama-praapta (bodhisattva)
                             H. DURT          p. 993
Daishi, Great Master      By Antonino FORTE   p. 1019

   There are only 13 articles in all ; but I would say that all are
very important and interesting...

   The diffusion of _Hobogirin_ is assured in Asia area by
Maison Franco-Japonaise, 3, 2-chome, Surugadai, Kanda, Chiyoda-ku,
Tokyo, Japan,
and in Europe and America area by
Librairie d'Amerique et d'Orient, Adrien-Maisonneuve, Jean
Maisonneuve, succ., 11, rue Saint-Sulpice, 75006, Paris, France.
   If you have difficulties to purchase it, you can contact :
Ecole Fran,caise d'Extr^eme-Orient, Section de Kyoto, 602 Kyoto,
Kamikyo-ku, Shokoku-ji, Rinko-in, Japan.

   Let me take this opportunity to ask you
1. If you know the existence of _Hobogirin_?
2. If you use _Hobogirin_...?
   How often...?
3. If you know its existence and if you don't use it, why...?

   I would like also to hear all your impressions, your critics, etc.
about this new volume of _Hobogirin_.  Please send me your e-mails to:

n-iyanag at cc.win.or.jp
or to :
GGA03414 at niftyserve.or.jp
Thank you in advance !