Def/resources on word LAKHU

rcohen at sas.upenn.edu rcohen at sas.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:08:21 UTC 1994

LAKHU is derivable from Sanskrit lak.sa "mark, sign," related to the word
lak.sa.na which carries a similar meaning, often having a positive rather
than a negative connotation; refer to the Sanskrit verb root: lak.s- "to
mark, indicate, observe," etc.

Yours,
Richard Cohen
South Asia Regional Studies Dept.