Planets and Horsocopes

adi at uclink2.berkeley.edu adi at uclink2.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 8 22:21:33 UTC 1994

Thank you all for the astrological readings of the chart I posted last
week. I have now the answer, viz., that it is impossible for one planet to
be in two houses simultaneously, although in switching from natal to radix
chart it may be possible, or that a planet such as Mars may have its
drishti (aspect) towards a house other than the one it inhabits. On the
basis of the textual horoscope, no further elucidation is possible; since
we do not have the birth-date of the Prince, we cannot check the positions
of the planets at that time. So for the purposes of explicating the text I
shall accept your interpretations and maintain that it is a valid
horoscope.

I am grateful for all the help. If anybody is interested in pursuing this
any further I can forward my translations of the two Avadhi verses which
describe the horoscope.

Sincerely,

Aditya Behl

Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies,
1203, Dwinelle Hall,
University of California,
Berkeley, California 94720.

Electronic Mail: adi at uclink2.berkeley.edu
Telephone: 1 (510) 642-1610 (O), 843-1264 (R)
FAX: 1 (510) 642-3582