aryans and dravidians

phil013 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz phil013 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Sep 8 02:03:08 UTC 1994

I too ran across some similar ideas last year, and posted a query on
the South Asian Reflector, asking if there was any good scholarship
backing up these ideas.  In the end, I only received one answer
(unfortunately I can't remember who sent it to me), which included
these three items:

1.  Renfrew, Coli.  Archaeology and Language

2. Parpola, Oscar.  1983.  The Pre-Vedic Indian Background of the
Srauta Ritual.  In Fritz Stahl, ed., 	Agni: The Vedic Ritual of the
Fire Altar.  Berkeley: Asia Humanities Press, pp. 41-75

3.  "A New View of Ancient India" by Georg Feuerstein, David Frawley
and Subhash Kak appeared in the "Yoga Journal" (Berkeley, CA)
July/August, 1992.

I haven't had the time to follow this up, so I don't know if these
items truly are relevant to the debate or not.  Nor can I vouch for
their scholarly quality, though I do recall that the person who sent
them to me was not impressed with the third item.

If anyone has any more information, I'd be most interested.

Cheers,

Bo Sax
Head of Religious Studies
University of Canterbury