None

pslvax!sadhu at UCSD.EDU pslvax!sadhu at UCSD.EDU
Wed Sep 7 16:57:49 UTC 1994

From: sadhu at pslrd.castcrew.com (Sadhunathan Nadesan)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 09:57:49 -0700
To: indology
Subject: Re: Aryans and Dravidians

/ FROM:  BAPAT JB <sci.monash.edu.au!Jayant.B.BAPAT at ucsd.UUCP>, Sep 7  3:15 1994
| ABOUT: Aryans and Dravidians
|
| In connection with my work on Hindu Temple Priests, I am looking for
| material on the question of the Aryan invasion, feuds between Aryans
| and Dravidians, the north being Aryan and the south Dravidian etc,etc.
| The main reason for this is that in my interviews with Brahmin priests
| in Maharashtra, I heard again and again that" Shiva being a non Aryan
| deity, we Aryan Brahmins do not worship him with the same devotion".
| There is thus still a perception amongst northern Brahmins that they
| are Aryans.
| While I appreciate that the Aryan invasion theory is now discredited,
| I have not been able to find good review material which critically
| discusses these issues.
| Could someone please help me locate such material.
|---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jayant Bapat

	Dr. Bapat:

	This is not a direct answer to your question, but, indirect.

	I read an article about an importer of Indian Books, and in
	the interview, he mentioned the topic of the Aryan invasion.
	It is possible he can help you.

	I hesitate to attach the entire article .. as it is a bit long
	.. but I guess I will take my chances on the flames and go
	ahead, as other researchers may find the source (book
	importer) to be of interest too.

	Namaskars,
	Sadhunathan Nadesan