Virashaivas

jleslie jleslie%vigyan.ernet.in at vigyan.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Oct 3 16:17:57 UTC 1994

I am currently looking at the Virashaivas in Karnataka and would dearly
like to know of anyone discussing the term "Protestant" in this context
or in any related context. The term is used by Weber, and discussed more
critically by Blake Michael in his book THE ORIGINS OF VIRASHAIVA SECTS.
I am particularly interested in the changes that took place, and evidence
for those changes, in the centuries after Basavanna.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Julia
--
Dr I. Julia Leslie, Sen. Lect. SOAS, London.
email: jleslie at vigyan.iisc.ernet.in (until May 1995).