VHP and United Way (fwd)

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Nov 7 16:36:53 UTC 1994

	I entirely agree that we as scholars of India need to be fully
aware of all the political issues both modern and ancient.  I have no
problem with that.  However, being aware of these issues and discussing
these issues is significantly different from blatantly advocating certain
political views.  It is this latter type of behavior that has made the
traffic on this network more like a soap-box forum.  I hope we can either
change the "soap-box" character of the discourse, or start a new group.
         Madhav Deshpande