Conference on Religion in South India

Paul B. Courtright relpbc at unix.cc.emory.edu
Tue Nov 1 17:26:06 UTC 1994

	The Conference on Religion in South India (CRSI) is a small, informal,
independent group of scholars who have interests in religious traditions
in South India and their influences eleswhere in the subcontinent and
beyond.  Each year, usually the second weekend in June, a workshop is
held somewhere in the United States, in order to present papers and have
sufficient time for leisurely discussion on a common theme.  Normally
about 30 people attend the workshops, scholars in fields such as
literature, history, religious studies, art history, anthropology, and
South Asian studies.
	This year the CRSI will meet at the University of Indiana, June
9-12, on the theme of religion and the body in South India.  The cost for
the weekend workshop will be approximately $225 for room, board, and
facilities, transportation is not included.
	I am attempting to establish a CRSI list-serv to enhance
communication among persons with interest in the CRSI and its
conversations.  If you would be interested in participating in such a
list, please send me your email address.  Further information on the
workshop will be sent to your shortly.  Thank you.

Paul Courtright
relpbc at unix.cc.emory.edu