Manu - critically

Richard Lariviere rwl at emx.cc.utexas.edu
Tue May 24 18:45:42 UTC 1994

I am very grateful to Dr. Pathak, and, facing the prospect of dealing
with the collation of more than 600 manuscripts, I would like to encourage
him to delete all the verses relating to varna, jati, asrama, or any other
subject that strikes him. . . . . and the sooner the better!

Richard W. Lariviere

Thanks also to Mr. Gruenendahl for passing on this wonderful piece.