Speaker help needed

pslvax!sadhu at UCSD.EDU pslvax!sadhu at UCSD.EDU
Wed Dec 21 17:31:53 UTC 1994

Namaste

/ FROM:  Arun Chandrakantan <UMDNJ.EDU!chandrak at ucsd.UUCP>, Dec 20 22:12 1994
| ABOUT: Speaker help needed
|
| Namaskaram,
|              My name is Arun Chandrakantan and am a student at the New Jersey
| Medical School in Newark, NJ. I am Vice-President of our newly formed Indian
| Student Association. I sent you a message about a Yoga speaker and through
| your referral, we were able to get Rev. Jagna of the Integral Yoga Institute
| to come and talk to us. The talk was attended by 35 people at our school and
| was excellent and very medically correlated. As a result, there is an effort
| underway to start a regular Yoga club at our school. Thank you very much for
| your help in this endeavor. Your help is very much appreciated.

	Ah, Lord Ganesha and his band of millions of devas
	must be helping you out, and very happy to hear that worked
	out.

|         I come to you again asking for any information on speakers. This time
| we are looking for speakers on Alternative Medicine and Vegetarianism. I am
| an avid reader of Hinduism Today(my father is a life subscriber) and read
| Dr. Tandavan's articles every issue. Where does he live? Possibly, he can
| help us in finding a speaker on Alternative Medicine.

	i will forward your mail to Dr. T, and also to a vegetarian
	mailing list, and also to a list of indic scholars.  perhaps
	you will get a response again?

|         I am also currently working on the first newsletter for our
| organization. For this, I am looking for graphic images of India, Indian
| flags, etc. so I can manipulate these to my liking. I was wondering what kind
| of graphics you have available for the Macintosh or IBM. Anything would be
| appreciated.

	there are a set of graphic files available from himalayan
	academy for the mac, i believe the disk is $20? i will forward
	your mail on in that direction also.

	meanwhile, there seem to be lots of graphics available on
	the world wide web .. point your web browser to the tamil nadu
	home page, or the india home page, i saw the indian flag there
	yesterday, plus an ashok pillar, and also the taj mahal.  the
	HT home page on the web has a lovely graphic too.  do you have
	access to the net with a web browser?

|         Last but not least, we are racking our brains to find an appropriate
| name for this newsletter. We want something maybe medically correlated but
| with a nice Sanskrit meaning to it. Any ideas? Please send me email if you
| can help me with any of these. Thanks.

	again, perhaps the denizens of several lists will help.

	i'll browse through my sanskrit dictionary and see if
	if anything comes up.  i dont have this with me now, being
	at work, or web url's etc.

|                                       Arun Chandrakantan
|                                       254 Joralemon Street, Apt. 305
|                                       Belleville, NJ 07109
|                                       201-450-4777

\ END: Arun Chandrakantan

best wishes for success in your endevors.

suggestion:  your yoga club might consider writing to Gurudeva,
Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, for his free Tantra lessons?  send to
107 kaholalele road, kapaa, hi 96746.  or for an inspriring recorded
message during a club meeting, call 808-822-siva (tapes changed every
day or so).

Aum Namasivaya
sadhunathan