Address of B. van Nooten

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 19 16:49:42 UTC 1994

> B. Van Nooten, "Binary numbers in Indian antiquity", Journal of Indian
> Philosophy, vol 21, pp 31-50, 1993.
>
> He does not have the affiliation or the address
> of the author. Our library does not get this journal and I do not
> know how gopher might be used to get his address. Could someone please
> help me in getting this address?

Unfortunately, Prof. Van Nooten has not submitted an entry to The
International Directory of South Asia Scholars, so he cannot be found
through the South Asia Gopher.

David Magier

From: "BRENDAN S. GILLON" <GILLON at LANGS.Lan.McGill.CA>
To: indology at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 15:55:09 EST5EDT
Subject: Re: Address of B. van Nooten

> Date sent:      Fri, 19 Aug 1994 18:10:46 BST
> Send reply to:  indology at liverpool.ac.uk
> From:           David Magier <magier at columbia.edu>
> To:             Members of the list <indology at liverpool.ac.uk>
> Subject:        Re: Address of B. van Nooten

> > B. Van Nooten, "Binary numbers in Indian antiquity", Journal of Indian
> > Philosophy, vol 21, pp 31-50, 1993.
> >
> > He does not have the affiliation or the address
> > of the author. Our library does not get this journal and I do not
> > know how gopher might be used to get his address. Could someone please
> > help me in getting this address?
>
> Unfortunately, Prof. Van Nooten has not submitted an entry to The
> International Directory of South Asia Scholars, so he cannot be found
> through the South Asia Gopher.
>
> David Magier

Prof. Barend Van Nooten is at the University of California at
Berkeley in the Department of (?) South Asian Studies. He is in the
same department as F. Staal and P. S. Jaini.

Brendan S. Gillon

Department of Linguistics       email:   gillon at langs.lan.mcgill.ca
McGill University
1001 Sherbrooke Street West      tel.:   514 398 4868
Montreal, Quebec
H3A 1G5   CANADA                 fax.:   514 398 7088

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 15:38:06 -0500
From: edeltraud harzer clear <eclear at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>
To: indology at liverpool.ac.uk

Please note that Frits Staal already retired some three years
ago from the Dept. of South and Southeast Asian Studies at UC
Berkeley, Ca. 94720.  I also heard that both Jaini and Van Nooten
planned to do the same this year.  But I am sure that Barend van
Nooten could be reached through that department.  Good luck.
Edeltraud.