Death & Dying in Advaita Vedanta

PWilliams at UH.EDU PWilliams at UH.EDU
Wed Apr 20 14:51:32 UTC 1994

I teach a course on death & dying in which a primary focus is on how
various cultures & traditions understand & deal with death.  I've
found lots of material on the Tibetan Buddhists' understanding, but
what I'm especially anxious to explore is material in the Advaita
Vedanta tradition.  I'd very much like to hear from anyone who can
provide references on the Advaita views on death, dying, intermediate
states, rebirth, etc., in other words, materials that parallel the
topics covered in the better-known Tibetan materials.

Thanks,
Pat Williams