Sanskrit as national language

Greg Eichler geichle at eis.calstate.edu
Tue Apr 5 15:12:25 UTC 1994

What a wonderful idea! Choosing Sanskrit sidesteps the regional languages
problem in favor of their common ancestor. Even the Dravidian speakers
use Sanskrit for religious purposes, correct?

If a country loses its language, it loses most of its cultural identity
(cf., Bretagne, Scotland, Guatemala).

Ciao!

Greg