USENET: 3rd RFD: soc.culture.tibet (moderated)

Michael J. Wilson aa793 at FREENET.CARLETON.CA
Wed Sep 22 14:20:30 UTC 1993

Michael Everson
School of Architecture, UCD; Richview, Clonskeagh; Dublin 14; E/ire
Phone: +353 1 706-2745  Fax: +353 1 283-8908  Home: +353 1 478-2597

    From: jan at BAGEND.ATL.GA.US (Jan Isley)
    To: TIBET-L at IUBVM.BITNET (Multiple recipients of list TIBET-L)
    Subject:      3rd RFD: soc.culture.tibet (moderated)
    Date: Tue, 21 Sep

    This is a Request For Discussion for a usenet newsgroup,
    soc.culture.tibet.  All discussion on this should take place in
    news.groups.  A Call For Votes on this group will be posted soon.

    Third Request For Discussion: soc.culture.tibet (moderated)

    Charter:

    Soc.culture.tibet will be a forum for all aspects of Tibetan culture.
    Cultural discussion includes the topics of Tibetan history, language,
    arts, religion, geography, politics, people, and current events.
    Anyone with an interest in Tibetan culture is invited to participate.

    The Tibetan culture developed over many centuries in near total isolation.
    The geographic inaccessibility and a formidable language barrier kept
    authentic information about the Tibetan society and culture from reaching
    the West throughout most of its history.  Many people have embraced the
    study of Tibetan culture since Tibetans began emigrating recently.

    Moderation policy:

    Discussion of all aspects of Tibetan culture from all viewpoints is
    welcome.  The intent of moderation is to ensure that postings are topical.

    Moderators, at their discretion, may request a submission be restated,
    or may refuse a submission, if the content of the submission fits any
    of the following conditions:

    a) The content does not directly fit the description given in the Charter.
    b) The content is a duplication of material recently presented.
    c) The content is obviously abusive, incoherent or slanderous.

    Cross-posting between this group and others is discouraged.

    Moderators:

    The moderator responsibilities will be shared by:

         Michael J. Wilson   aa793 at freenet.carleton.ca
         Nima Dorjee         amnesty at acs.ucalgary.ca
         Jan Isley           jan at bagend.atl.ga.us

    The moderators will follow recommendations agreed upon by an advisory
    group.  Moderators or advisors may be replaced by a 2/3 majority vote
    of the advisors.  The advisory group consists of the following people:

         Sonam Dhargay       sdhargay at ucs.indiana.edu
         Nima Dorjee         amnesty at acs.ucalgary.ca
         Jesse M. Golub      golubjm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu
         Jan Isley           jan at bagend.atl.ga.us
         Jim Katz            jsk at breeze.infores.com
         David Schlesinger   lefty at apple.com
         Gary S. Trujillo    gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
         Michael J. Wilson   aa793 at freenet.carleton.ca

    Administrative details:

    This RFD will be posted to the Canada Tibet Newsletter, the
    TIBET-L mailing list and the following newsgroups:

    rec.backcountry      rec.climbing             sci.anthropology
    soc.culture.china    soc.culture.hongkong     soc.culture.indian
    soc.culture.japan    soc.culture.korean       soc.culture.misc
    soc.culture.native   soc.culture.nepal        soc.culture.taiwan
    soc.culture.thai     soc.culture.vietnamese   soc.religion.eastern
    soc.rights.human     talk.environment
    --
    Jan Isley                   Be a light unto yourself
    jan at bagend.atl.ga.us        -- Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha

--
michael j wilson aa793 at Freenet.carleton.ca     ottawa ontario canada
michael.wilson at f291.n163.z1.fidonet.org