New Publication

madhav.deshpande at um.cc.umich.edu madhav.deshpande at um.cc.umich.edu
Wed Sep 1 15:05:06 UTC 1993

        I am pleased to announce the publication of a book of mine.  Its
title is:  SANSKRIT AND PRAKRIT: SOCIOLINGUISTIC ISSUES.  This has been
published by Motilal Banarsidass from Delhi.  It contains revised versions
of eight papers of mine which deal with the sociolinguistic relations
between Sanskrit and Prakrit.  By and large, these studies represent my
work since the publication in 1979 of my earlier book:  SOCIOLINGUISTIC
ATTITUDES IN INDIA: A HISTORICAL RECONSTRUCTION.
                                Madhav M. Deshpande