Which ISCII actual use?

Michael Everson EVERSON at IRLEARN.UCD.IE
Fri Oct 1 14:00:54 UTC 1993

Lloyd Anderson of Ecological Linguistics asked me to forward this
to the INDOLOGY list.

Date: 01 Oct 93 01:21 GMT
From: ECOLING at AppleLink.Apple.COM (Ecological Linguistics,Anderson,PRT)

Ecological Linguistics will release later this fall 8-bit script
systems for most of the Indic scripts on Macintosh, based either on the
ISCII-88 or the ISCII-91 standard.  We would like to use the code page
which will yield greatest compatibility with existing implementations,
whether on DOS or Mactintosh.  The ISCII-88 standard was used in the
16-bit Unicode and ISO10646, while the ISCII-91 standard is more recent
official India.  What is actual de facto dominant in India?  Anyone
replying, please specify the domains of different dominance.

Thanks for any help.

Lloyd Anderson
=====

Michael Everson
School of Architecture, UCD; Richview, Clonskeagh; Dublin 14; E/ire
Phone: +353 1 706-2745  Fax: +353 1 283-8908  Home: +353 1 478-2597