Book notices

madhav.deshpande at um.cc.umich.edu madhav.deshpande at um.cc.umich.edu
Mon Mar 29 20:55:08 UTC 1993

Dear Dominik,
        The first reason to sign on is to say "Hi" to all the Indologists
and to let everyone know that I am back in Ann Arbor after a very fruitful
time in Pune for the previous six months.
        The second reason is to take up your invitation regarding new publications.  Kluwer Academic Publishers of Dordrecht last year published my book: The Meaning of Nouns, Semantic Theory in Classical and Medieval India, Naamaartha
NirNaya of KauNDabhaTTa, translated and annotated by Madhav M. Deshpande.
This is volume 13 in the series Studies of Classical India.
        Dominik, I met Bhagavat Guruji several times in Pune, as he attended
a series of eight lectures I gave in Pune and participated in the discussion.
He is wondering as to how to get the Mahaabhaashya commentary he is editing
published.  If you have any suggestions, let him know.
        With all the best,
                                        Madhav Deshpande