Sharing Chi-Writer-based texts

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 16:00:19 UTC 1993

In message Tue, 01 Jun 93 20:19:58 BST, ZYSK at EDU.NYU.ACFcluster  writes:

>Thank you for the information about Chiwrite and its current problems with
>networking. Short of adopting an entirely new progam for my project, it
>appears that conversion to Kyoto-Harvard scheme might be the best way
>to go. Could someone give me more information about the Kyoto-Harvard
>scheme. How it works in my case and where to obtain a copy of it.

Ken, I have a copy of a paper by Nakatani from the last world Sanskrit
conference in which he outlines his input scheme (and a metrical analysis
program).  Can you deal with a postscript file?  Or TeX?  Or is it simplest
if I just post it?  I should add that although his input scheme is fine, it
seems to me not especially better than, say, Velthuis's.  It is a set of
equivalences for easy typing.  For example,

a = a
i = i
u = u
retroflex vowel r = R
retroflex vowel l = L
etc.

Also, don't overlook the Chiwriter->TeX program.  You should evaluate it
before doing lots of labour intensive stuff.

Dominik
--
Dominik Wujastyk           Phone (and voice messages): +44 71 611 8467