Raghuvamsa

SATYAVO SATYAVO at WVNVM.EARN
Wed Jul 28 18:16:42 UTC 1993

My name is Uma Satyavolu Rau, and I am writing my Ph.D. thesis on Victorian
Historiography.  Obviously, I am not an indologist, although I have had the tra
ditional training in Sanskrit--Kalidasa, Bhavabhuti, the Upanishads, Bana, Bhar
tr.hari, etc.  My specific query at this point is regarding the Raghuvamsa: is
there a "standard" translation of the work, accepted by most indologists?  Is
there a standard edition of the Sanskrit text which is easily available in the
U.S?(I would like to purchase a copy, if at all possible).
West Virginia University does not have such "exotic" things amongst its holding
s, and I'm wondering if I should write home to India for the well-worn family
copy, which is in Telugu script.
Sincerely,
Uma