The Rigveda

yanom at JPNKSUVX.EARN yanom at JPNKSUVX.EARN
Thu Jan 28 09:03:32 UTC 1993

I agree with Richard J. Cohen's critical comment on Dr. Subhash Kak's
argument.   If all the flooding e-mails from INDOLOGY are like Kak's
I will also feel like unsubscribing this network.  But let us be
patient.   I remember Al-Biruni's famous comment on Indian
scientific literature--- it is < a mixture of costly crysatls and
common pebbles >. (INDIA, tr. by Sachau,  i. p. 25).  Let us be patient
and enjoy finding crystals in this network.
I suggest Dr. Kas to read David Pingree's papers on the history of
Indian astronomy.
Michio YANO        YANOM at JPNKSUVX