Help on books?

Harry Falk FALK at ibm.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Feb 7 18:32:46 UTC 1993

lately there has been some discussion about what this group is good for.
Too many resignments let to the impression that there is little substance
in what is offered for communication. Since I have a severe problem with
not getting a book I'd like to read I wonder if the purposes of this list
could be extended to providing help with titles otherwise inaccessible.
    What I miss is: Gopinath Kaviraj (ed.): Festschrift Aditya Nath Jha
(I do not know if "Festschrift" is accually printed on the cover), Delhi
1969. From this book I need nothing but pp. 394-404: B. Prakash: On Panini
5.3.99.
    The book seems not to be available in Germany. They sent me a Aditya
Natha Jha Comm.Vol (JGJSV 31.1975), nice but useless. If some good soul
out there could send me a Xerox (H.F.; Erwinstr. 26; DW-7800 Freiburg)
it would be necessary to pass a note to the list in order to prevent others
from sending 20 odd more copies and to tell me frankly how I can
return the help.
    Is it necessary to discuss this sort of possible service? Or are we
already completely satisfied with what has been achieved so far?
Harry Falk