India office OPAC?

banks at vax.oxford.ac.uk banks at vax.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 18:03:18 UTC 1993

>> ... since ten years
>> ago, the Bodleian for example, did not even have a proper card catalogue. I
>> routinely dial into the various American library catalogues, of course.
>
>That's not quite fair to the Bod.
[...]
>Dominik

But a word of warning: the Bodley on-line catalogue does *not* include all
the holdings. As with many other British libraries now going on-line,
retrospective catalogue conversion is a long, slow and expensive process.
The lack of an entry does not mean the book is not in the library (of
course this is only really relevant to those who wish to use the library in
person).

Marcus Banks, Oxford