Early Indian Mathematics cites

Rajeev Gowda GOWDA at EDU.UOKNOR.OFFSYS.GSLAN
Wed Nov 25 17:39:54 UTC 1992

following list that was sent to me nearly a couple of years ago by Professor
Kak of Louisiana State University.  Assuming that Professor Kak doesn't mind
dissemination of this list or his address, I enclose the following (it's not
exactly Vedic mathematics but might be relevant).

Rajeev Gowda

Papers On History Of Science And Indology Since 1986

compiled by:

Subhash C. Kak
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
(504) 388-5552
E-mail: kak at max.ee.lsu.edu

"A selected list of such papers (and books) is :

Computational aspects of the Aryabhata algorithm, IJHS,vol. 21, 1986, pp.
62-71.

>The roots of science in India, IICQ, vol. 13, 1986, pp. 181-196.

>The Nature Of Physical Reality, New York: Peter Lang, 1986.

>The Paninian approach to natural language processing,
Int. J. of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 1, 1987, 117-130.

The study of the Indus script, Cryptologia, vol. 11, 1987, pp. 182-191.

On the decipherment of the Indus script, IJHS, vol. 22, 1987, pp. 41-62.

>On astronomy in ancient India, IJHS, vol. 22, 1987, pp. 205-221.

On chronology of ancient India, IJHS, vol. 22, 1987, pp. 222-234.

The Aryabhata algorithm for polynomials, Electronics Letters,
vol. 23, 1987, pp. 383-385.

Patanjali and Cognitive Science, Baton Rouge: Vitasta, 1987.

The Aryabhata cipher, Cryptologia, vol. 12, 1988, pp. 113-117.

A frequency analysis of the Indus script, Cryptologia,vol. 12, 1988,
129-143.

The lotus and the rainbow, IICQ, vol. 15, No. 3, 1988, pp. 9-20.

Some early codes and ciphers, IJHS, vol. 24, 1989, pp. 1-7.

The Brahmagupta algorithm for square rooting, Ganita Bharati,
vol. 11, 1989, pp. 27-29.

Bharatiya lekhana ke 5000 varsa, Kadambini, vol. 29, no. 6, 1989.

Indus writing, Mankind Quarterly, vol. 30, 1989, pp. 113-118.

The Vararuchi cipher, Cryptologia, vol. 14, 1990, pp. 79-83.

Indus and Brahmi: Further Connections, Cryptologia,vol. 14, 1990, pp.
169-183.

>The Riddle of Sankhya: The Indian Roots Of Computing And Cognitive
Sciences,
New Delhi: Allied, 1991.

The sign for zero, Mankind Quarterly, vol. 30, 1990, pp. 199-204.

The Lotus and the Rainbow: Essays on Contemporary India, In Press.

Also see papers by
A. Seidenberg such as
The origin of mathematics, Archive for the History of Exact Sciences,
vol 18, 301-342, 1978."