PostScript fonts for Indian languages?

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UK.AC.UCL
Sat Mar 21 11:50:30 UTC 1992

I should be very grateful if anyone who has information about any
*free* PostScript fonts for South Asian scripts could let me know
the details.  I am particularly interested in Sinhalese, Bengali,
Tibetan, Gurumukhi, Gujarati.  But I would like to hear about any
fonts at all.

I know there are a number of commercial outfits who sell PS fonts
for Indic languages, and I am not at present interested in these.
What I am looking for are fonts that I could modify, and later
distribute freely to others.

With thanks,

Dominik