COVER NOTE - MSS FOR SALE

MERRY.B at EDU.UTEXAS.CC.UTXVM MERRY.B at EDU.UTEXAS.CC.UTXVM
Mon Jul 13 22:16:06 UTC 1992

Allen Thrasher of the Library of Congress asked me to forward his note about
mss. available for sale.  I apologize for note deleting the personal forward,
but I'm sure you can do so before redistributing.  Merry Burlingham
---
-------------( Forwarded letter follows )-----------------------
---
Subject: COVER NOTE - MSS FOR SALE

FORWARDED BY LLMLB

               *** ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS ****
Date: 13 Jul 92 16:32:04 GMT
From: "ALLEN W THRASHER" <THRASHER at MAIL.LOC.GOV>
Subject: MSS FOR SALE
To: @UTXVM.CC.UTEXAS.EDU:LLMLB at UTXDP.BITNET
Comment: MSS FOR SALE

          Merry,

          I  am frantically trying to get ready to go  to the beach with my
          family (week before July 4) and don't have the time to figure out
          how to  get onto the CONSALD and INDOLOGY nets.  Could you please
          forward this message to  those nets  and  any  more    you  think
          appropriate?  Thanks, Allen

          INFORMATION ON MSS OFFERED FOR SALE

          In  recent months Allen Thrasher at Library  of Congress has  had
          offered to him for sale a number of mss which LC policies do  not
          allow  its acquiring.  If  your institution would  be  interested
          please contact him.  These are the categories:

          Mss  on  battle  of  Plassey and  trial  of  Warren Hastings.  US
          dealer.

          Misc. unidentified palmleaf Mss in Malayalam or Grantha scripts.
          Foreign dealer.

          Ms  books  of letters from British authorities to Mahraja Serfoji
          of Tanjore and his son.  Foreign dealer.

          Ms of Sindhi poetry.  U.S. dealer.

          Allen Thrasher
          Senior Reference Librarian
          Southern Asia Section