Delays in receipt of mail

Chris Wooff QQ43 at UK.AC.LIVERPOOL
Sun Nov 17 20:55:10 UTC 1991

Those of you registered with one of our lists at an Internet site will
have noticed that there have been significant delays in mail transmission
lately. These delays have been caused by the normal gateway between the
UK academic network (JANET) and the Internet known as nsfnet-relay.
Within the last few days the delays have been as much as 5 days. To try
and improve the situation the University of Kent at Canterbury kindly
allowed me to use them as an Internet gateway to clear the huge backlog
of mail here.

I have therefore spent time this weekend in retransmitting about 700
items of mail destined for Internet sites. This exercise is now largely
complete.

I'm sorry for these delays which were not the fault of Liverpool. I'd
finally like to thank Kent for their help.

Chris Wooff

BITNET/EARN/NETNORTH: QQ43 at LIVERPOOL.AC.UK
                      (QQ43%UK.AC.LIVERPOOL at UKACRL)
INTERNET:             QQ43 at LIVERPOOL.AC.UK
                      (QQ43%LIVERPOOL.AC.UK at NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK)
JANET:                QQ43 at UK.AC.LIVERPOOL
SPAN:                 RLESIS::CBS%UK.AC.LIVERPOOL::QQ43
UUCP:                 ....!mcsun!uknet!liverpool.ac.uk!qq43