forwarded message: seeking Mahabharata e-text.

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UK.AC.UCL
Wed Nov 28 14:48:36 UTC 1990

I am taking the liberty of forwarding this message from Randall
Smith, that appeared on the HUMANIST discussion group yesterday.
Please send any replies to Mr Smith directly, but send a copy
here to INDOLOGY too, please, since I'm sure we would all be
interested.

Best wishes,

Dominik

------- Forwarded Message

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0768. Tuesday, 27 Nov 1990.

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 90 11:50:20 PST
From: 6500rms at UCSBUXA.BITNET
Subject: E-text of the Mahabharata

On behalf of one of our professor who is not yet connected to an E-mail
system I am looking for a machine readable text of the Mahabharata.

The text could be in the original (transliterated) Sanskrit or translated
into English or another language.  I would appreciate any information or
ideas on where to look.  Please reply to me directly and I will post a
summary on Humanist.  Thanks.

Randall Smith
Classics Department
University of California