[INDOLOGY] two questions

Michaels, Axel michaels at asia-europe.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 16 07:04:30 EST 2015

Dear all,

In preparing the editio princeps of the so called Wright Chronicle, a Chronicle in Nepali translated by Daniel Wright in 1877, we (Manik Bajracharya and me) came across two apparently Śaiva phrases which do not make much sense to us:

This ascetic built another house near the place, invoked Svatantra-mūlamūrti-ūrddhāmnāya and continued to perform the daily worship of Paśupatinātha

The ascetic, too, caused the tāṃḍamantra together with Mahākālokta-agamārtha-nṛtyalīlā-prasannārtha to be inscribed on the parasol, and this unprecedented parasol was then offered to Paśupatinātha.

Can anybody help us in understanding it (better)?

Best,
Axel Michaels