Help with English

Ruzsa Ferenc ferenc.ruzsa at ELTE.HU
Mon May 21 09:12:19 EDT 2007

I see I need to be more specific.

Currently we have BA courses (3 years, youngest student aged 19), and in 
September we start our first MA course. Although it is a private institution 
belonging to our Buddhist church of the same name, essentially it is 
sponsored by the Hungarian government. Core curriculum is in Buddhism (with 
specilizations in Sanskrit and Pali, or Chinese, or Tibetan, or Japanese, or 
comparative religion and philosophy, or Dharma teaching, or Budo).

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at] On Behalf Of
>> Ruzsa Ferenc
>> Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 1:51 PM
>> To: INDOLOGY at
>> Subject: Help with English
>> Friends,
>> Could some of you help me finding a proper English equivalent
>> for the name of the institution where I teach? (Right now we
>> have no native speakers around.) In Hungarian it is "A Tan
>> Kapuja Buddhista Főiskola", literally "The Gate of the
>> Teaching Buddhist College".
>> Stylistic intuitions differ; some suggestions proposed were
>> "Gate of the Dharma", "Dharma Gate", "Gate to Dharma" (and
>> perhaps "Budapest Buddhist University" added).
>> Thank you for your suggestions,
>> Ferenc
>> --------------------------------------------------------
>> Ferenc Ruzsa, PhD
>> associate professor of philosophy
>> Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
>> e-mail: ferenc.ruzsa at

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list