Pa.ncadevataa and handbooks on Falconry

Greg Bailey Greg.Bailey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Sun Jul 4 21:26:26 EDT 2004

Dear List,

In my ongoing attempts to date the Ga.nezapuraa.na I am focussing in part on
the Pa.ncadevataa concept which occurs everywhere in the second book.  I
would appreciate any references to secondary sources on this and any hints
as to its earliest occurrence in Sanskrit literature.

In addition, does anybody know of Handbooks on Falconry in Sanskrit as a
reference is made to such in the GnP.  I would assume this would have been a
Mughal preoccupation.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Bailey